How Much Does A New Roof Cost?
Whether you are considering a new roof for your home or commercial building, the cost of roofing installation depends on various factors. Roofing contractors look at the size, pitch, cost of material, accessibility, and many others while determining the price of a new roof. All these factors change the price of a new roof drastically.
Tile roofs are more expensive than slate, asphalt, but lesser than metal roofs. However, the size of the roof is the largest deciding factor in the cost. So, what type of roof you want, and is its original installation or you are replacing your old scrappy roof?
Shingle Roof Cost Estimate
As the cost of asphalt shingles installation is low, so most of the homeowners consider it as the primary option for roof replacement.
Moreover, shingles are a popular choice in the US. Depending upon your preference and budget, your selected shingle can be asphalt, slate, clay, or even wood. Every type of roofing material has its care and requirements.
On average, reshingling your roof can cost you from $5000 to $10,000. The type of roofing that you will select will significantly affect the reshingling cost.
Let us look at different types of roofing materials cost, pros, and cons.
- Asphalt Shingles- The cost of installation of a new roof varies from $5000 to $10000. This lightweight roof is the most common roof type and easy to install. This low-cost roof can also be recycled.
- Wood Shake- If you are considering installing a wood shake, it can cost you from $10,000 to $20,000. High-end synthetics can cost you more than $20,000, whereas plastic or rubberwood shakes range from $10,000 to $18,000. Wood shake shingles are natural and give a beautiful appearance. However, these require high-maintenance as they can deteriorate quickly and are prone to fire. Therefore, to keep them in good condition, these need to be regularly treated to prevent insects and mold from harming it.
- Metal- This type of roofing installation costs you approximately $5000 to $12000. Being resistant to climatic conditions, it would be a better option and will turn out to be a long-term investment.
- Tile Roofing- It costs you from $7000 to $18000. A concrete tile ranges in between $8000 to $22000, and if you are considering clay tiles, it will cost you $13000 to $30000. Customized and exotic tiles are available in the range of $30,000 to $50,000. Though tile roofs are easy to replace and repair, and stays in good condition for a longer duration. These are also available in different colors and shapes.
- Slate roofs- For an average home, slate roof installation costs you from $5,000 to $14,000. If you are considering a roof for a 3000 square foot area or more, it costs you $27,000 to $65,000. A synthetic slate ranges between $12,000 to $30,000. These types of roofs give a natural appearance and go for longer periods. Moreover, these are also popular for larger houses.
As of now, you must have got some idea about the costs of the roof installation. Consult with the roofer and get the roof that you desire to have in your home or office.